Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Neverending war

  1. #1
    Inactive Member furicchia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    It's all day long that TV stations are broadcasting iraqi video with our italian journalist kidnapped and asking government to retire troops from Iraq as a change for her life. It's very sad to see these things and knowing this woman is probably dead already because war never stops to save one life. Is life such a little thing? it just seems "yes" because so big are other business in the hands of governments. I'm very negative today and have no idea of when the situation in Iraq will be over....

    Cristina

  2. #2
    Quatronica
    Guest Quatronica's Avatar

    Post

    War is awful Cristina....... And yes very depressing... But when you feel like this... Reach inside and find that light in your heart...
    And your inner voice that tells you what a great person you are...... We can't stop the war... But we can share some light..........
    Our light within our hearts..........
    If you can touch only one person....
    You've done a great job....
    This one is for you.......... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member furicchia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Thanks Veronica [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm a little confused an mentally restless in this period, I have to take a decision about relationship and it's not easy but I know I'm strong even if I don't feel like that. Here's there's a big talk of war, biological weapons and HAARP when I read about facts like this I happen to think of those sci-fi movie stories placed "in the year 2085" for example, and those movies always begin with the state of the Earth after it's been destroyed by humans. Well, I think that will be the actual end of this planet, not because of people but because of POWER. So I feel powerless. I'm not really into politics but I do my best to be an active and helpful person in the social community of where I live, but I know "our" destiny is not in our own hands. Sometimes I have a little relief taking one day at the time, but other times it doesn't work.

    Cristina

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Horrible. Heartbreaking stuff.

    It looks like Bush is trying for world domination. Did you hear his recent threats to Korea? Cripes. He thinks he's Julius Caeser...or "THE BRAIN"...what do you want to do tonight, Pinky?

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I don't know Cristina but I think it's going to get worse before it gets better!
    Here's the latest I've leaerned about the possibility of a draft here in the US!

    You may recall, bush's campaign promise was, there will be no draft!

    Oh, so there are "no plans" to re-instate the draft? No, there are just EXERCISES and $28 million extra to get the whole Selective Service ready and open for business by June 15, 2005!!

    Read the official budget carefully and you will see that Bush is gearing up the draft--there is no longer any doubt about it. Selective Service must report to Bush on March 31, 2005, that the system is ready for activation within 75 days. So on June 15, 2005, expect the announcement that the first draft lottery since Vietnam will be held for 20 year-olds.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><marquee>Let's Hope For PEACE! //oo\\</marquee>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member furicchia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    this weekend we'll go to Rome to attend a big street demonstration, a protest against the war and for the hope of the release of the italian journalist still kidnapped in Iraq. rome is 400 km from my town, will it help to be there? maybe it's just worth to try, I feel something has to be done to show the italian government the people's point of view and I wanna take part of it.People just want, and just need Peace

    Cristina

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by furicchia blu:
    this weekend we'll go to Rome to attend a big street demonstration
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><marquee>All we are saying is give peace a chance!//oo\\</marquee>

    Good for you Cristina! Here in the US a big demonstration tends to be "reported" as a handful of misfits!
    It's no wonder really since it's now coming to light that the bush administration has had many "reporters" on the payroll to help put forward the bush agenda.
    On the payroll = taxpayer's money [img]mad.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] and I'm singing the <font color="blue">Blue State Blues!!!!</font>
    4 sure!
    [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    GD

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    WAR - what is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing!
    Todd

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Really Todd! What IS it good for???

    War
    It's nothing but a heartbreaker
    War
    Friend only to the undertaker
    War is the enemy of all mankind
    The thought of war blows my mind
    Handed down from generation to generation
    Induction destruction
    Who wants to die?
    [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #10
    Inactive Member furicchia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hi everybody, we came back home this afternoon from Rome, we also saw the Pope this morning for the sunday blessing, although all we see now is a tired old man who inspires protection...

    The demonstration was huge, 500.000 people were there, and yes Gus, there are people who think these things are for misfits here, too! They tried to turn the demonstration for peace into a political move, but in the end we were all there for peace, not only asking for the liberation of the journalists kidnapped but also remembering all the people dead in this war so far, for all the soldiers who died to defend people and for all the ones who are still there. I guess no war will be stopped this way, but I was there.

    And just yesterday I saw Bush sayin' with the greatest simplicity, that "if necessary we could invade Iran"
    yes, of course, Iran. Why not China, Egypt, Saturn, or the planetary nebula of Gnaff, which is said to be full of ugly little spitting gnomes? This man made war look like the most natural thing, a polical choice between many diplomatic others, and then there are international politics experts who explain to us how much a war costs, how much it yelds, how much it is convenient...

    Once upon a time war war an awful horrible thing.....


    Cristina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic